Department: Maintenance & Process
Reports to: Director Engineering, QA & Continuous improvements & maintenance of the equipment’s and process
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Laboratory Technologist is responsible for maintenance, repair and upkeep of all production equipment to maintain the highest level of machine availability.
Under minimal supervision, the Technologist has the responsibility to perform:
• Routine servicing of all production equipment, including change out of used coolants, lubrication of machines, and spare parts replacement, etc…
• Preventive maintenance of all production machines
• Breakdown repairs of all production machines
• Installation and commissioning of new equipment
• Sourcing shop supplies with the assistance of supervisor and/or manager
• Communicating with machine support staff and internal process experts
• General support activities required for Production
The Technologist may be required to work ‘off-hours’ and participate in an on-call rotation.
Due to the nature and demand of the job, the technologist may need to work extended shifts, weekends and on holiday.
• Formal College diploma in Electromechanical Engineering Technician, or Electromechanical- Engineering Technician- Automation- Robotics
• Mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulic, and plumbing knowledge is a must
• Computer and basic software handling knowledge
• Robotics and automation would be considered an asset
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
• Mechanical trades, i.e. plumbing, mechanical repair, fabrication, metal working
• Electronic trades i.e. control panel operation & repair, component installation & repair
• Troubleshooting & fault diagnosis on complex equipment
• Electrical / Pneumatic schematic reading aptitude
• General safety awareness of an industrial shop and professional work habits
• Superior dexterity is necessary
• Capable to set and execute priorities on multiple issues at once
• Able to handle typical production-line down scenarios, and perform under demanding situations with composure
• Analytical approach to problem solving, detail-oriented, provides complete solutions
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; able to effectively communicate with global support staff
• Self- starter, resourceful, initiative; able to succeed without regular supervision
• Able to read and understand written or verbal task instructions
• Able to document procedures for other staff and train on gained knowledge
• Able to clearly report on situations to managers
Infrequent local travel for parts and repairs.
May need to travel to locations within Riverside Opticalab group for support or training purposes. Also, international training may be required for training purposes.
Pour postuler, veuillez vous rendre au centre le plus proche de chez vous, à Casselman ou Orléans, afin de parler avec un agent. Veuillez vous rendre sur notre page contact