REPORTS TO: Service Manager
DIVISION: Ottawa and/or Kingston
This job profile is not exhaustive. Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned from time to time by the position supervisor.
Service technicians are responsible to service, repair, and maintain commercial kitchen appliances (gas, steam and electric), such as: dishwashing equipment, coffee machines, toasters, slicers, ranges, fryers, steamers, and combi-ovens. Technicians consult with customers or refer to service order to establish nature of the appliance malfunction. They observe operation of appliance, diagnose faults by checking controls, condensers, timer sequences, fans and other components using test equipment such as meters and gauges to measure resistance, current, voltage, pressure, temperature, flue gases and flow rates. They conduct tests (using electrical test equipment), and refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, or online resources; and replace or repair parts or components using hand tools. Then they reassemble and test the appliances. They also prepare estimates and written account of work performed.
• Completes documentation with sufficient, clear, and accurate, detail for office staff and customers. Handwritten documents must be detailed and legible to be easy to read. Documents include, but are not limited to: work orders, checklists and timesheets.
• Before leaving a job site, obtains signature from authorized signatory, and explains the work that has been completed. Answers any questions the customer may have and offer service for any other equipment that may need attention.
Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Occasionally carry odd-shaped equipment, or equipment components, weighing up to 30kg
• Work at a bench (waist-height), standing for several hours at a time
• Work in awkward positions for short periods of time (e.g. under a deep fryer, inside the oven cavity of a range, bending, leaning, squatting etc.)
• Work in a kneeling position for several minutes at a time.
• Work in an environment with numerous changing priorities, sometimes in direct contact with customers (can create stressful situations).
• Work on dangerous and regulated (gas) equipment, without putting his/her or others’ safety at risk.
• Work 8 hours per day, with the possibility of overtime
• Occasionally, travel to worksites out of town, requiring an overnight stay.
Pour postuler, veuillez vous rendre au centre le plus proche de chez vous, à Casselman ou Orléans, afin de parler avec un agent. Veuillez vous rendre sur notre page contact